SDS Summer Program LLC, (doing business as “Horizons at Saint David’s”) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Saint David’s School. It receives in-kind contributions from Saint David’s School, including the use of facilities, equipment, bookkeeping and accounting services, but Horizons is financially independent from the school.
Horizons at Saint David’s operates under the 501 (c)(3) status of Saint David’s School. Contributions to the program are fully tax-deductible.
The program is governed by a Board of Managers* and is guided by an active, supportive Advisory Board of educators, not-for-profit leaders, community leaders and philanthropists.
The Junior Advisory Board is a group of Saint David’s alumni who are young working professionals in New York.
Horizons at Saint David’s is an affiliate of Horizons National. For more information, click here.
Board of Managers/Advisory Board
Click on name to learn more.
- Anne Nickel Curtin
- Anne is a retired preschool teacher. She taught at several nursery schools in New Jersey and at the Park School in Brookline, Mass. She moved to New York to teach Kindergarten at The Chapin School. Anne received her A. B. from Smith College in 1971 and was awarded a teaching fellowship for her Master of Education ( Ed.M ) from Smith. Anne currently serves on the Vestry of St. Ann's Church, Bridgehampton, NY and is a member of the Tryall Fund Board, Sandy Bay, Jamaica. She was previously a member of the Board of St. George's School, Newport, RI from 2000- 2006. Anne has three children. Her youngest, Whitney, graduated from Saint David 's in 2004.
- Kavita Natarajan Dolan
- Kavita is a securities law and mergers and acquisitions attorney. She spent five years in the General Counsel’s Office of Deutsche Bank AG, (2006 to 2011), working with the investment banking arm of the global bank. Prior to joining Deutsche Bank, Kavita spent seven years at the law firm of Cahill, Gordon & Reindel LLP in New York. She is currently a trustee of the Bronx Preparatory Charter School. Kavita holds a BSFS from Georgetown University and a law degree from Fordham University School of Law. Kavita’s two oldest sons, Luke, class of 2019, and James, class of 2021, attend Saint David’s School. Her youngest son, William attends The Brick Church School.
- Allegra Kelly * Treasurer
- Allegra is a Managing Director within the Global Markets division of HSBC, a global financial institution. She is currently on sabbatical, serving most recently as Global Head of Structured Credit, Global Markets. Prior to HSBC, Allegra held senior roles in the Global Structured Credit businesses at Credit Suisse and UBS AG. Allegra began her career at PricewaterhouseCoopers. She is a Chartered Accountant and a Registered Representative and Principal with FINRA. Allegra holds an MBA (Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania) and a Bachelor of Commerce (University of NSW, Australia). She is an Advisory Board Member of Minds Matter National, a three year academic mentoring and college access program for underprivileged youth, and has recently been named to its Metrics and Programming Committee. Allegra has three boys who currently attend Saint David’s, Ethan (class of 2015), Jack (class of 2018) and Aidan (class of 2020).
- Laurie Lapeyre
- Laurie is a community volunteer involved largely with academic, social service and heath institutions. She is currently Chair of the Board of Regents of Georgetown University, where she also serves on the Board of Directors. She is a member of the Board of Trustees of the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City. Laurie is a former Chair of the Board of Trustees of Convent of the Sacred Heart in Manhattan where she served eight years on the Board and led the school through its largest ever capital campaign overseeing the construction of a new 50,000 square foot Athletics and Wellness Center. Previously, Laurie spent ten years as an Executive Search consultant with Kenny, Kindler, Hunt & Howe providing senior management recruiting services and board governance consulting to clients. Laurie’s early career was in the Investment Banking Division of Goldman, Sachs & Co, where she worked for six years in Corporate Finance in the Energy Sector. She has been a Director and Vice Chair of Catholic Big Brothers & Big Sisters. Laurie holds a BSBA from Georgetown University and an MBA from New York University. Her son, Pierre, graduated from Saint David’s in 2007.
- John G. Nugent
- John Nugent, a 1976 graduate of Saint David’s, is a Vice Chairman at CBRE, Inc. John’s practice has primarily focused on a multi-market tenant representation. John served on the CBRE Board of Directors and as Chairman of the Americas Presidency Advisory Council from 2005-2007 and served as Member, CBRE Foundation Board from 2005–2012, providing leadership and oversight to CBRE philanthropy programs within the United States. John has also been affiliated with the Pencil Partnership Program, which engages the private sector in customized partnerships with NYC Public Schools. While partnering with Pencil, John led a mentoring and social development program with Ebbets Field Middle School in Brooklyn. John graduated from Lycoming College. He and his wife Liza’s son, John, is a 2013 graduate of Saint David’s who volunteered at Horizons in summer 2014.
- David O'Halloran* (President)
- David is the Headmaster of Saint David’s School. Prior to his appointment in 2004, David was Headmaster of Hilltop Country Day School, Sparta, NJ; a teacher, coach, and administrator at The Allen-Stevenson School, NYC; and an Adjunct Assistant Professor at Fordham University. David holds a Dip. T. (Prim.) from Brisbane College of Advanced Education, Queensland, Australia; an M.S. (Ed.) in Early Childhood and Elementary Education from Bank Street College; and a Ph.D. in Language, Literacy, and Learning from Fordham University. David has served as a Director and Treasurer of the New York City Guild of Independent Schools, a trustee and President of the Independent School Admissions Association of Greater New York, a trustee of the Marymount School of New York, and a trustee of the New Jersey Association of Independent Schools. David is currently a trustee of George Jackson Academy, New York. David’s son Max graduated from Saint David’s in 2015 and his son Felix is Class of 2020.
- Christopher O’Malley
- Christopher is the Executive Director of the Interest on Lawyer Account Fund of the State of New York (IOLA). IOLA provides grants to over 70 civil legal service providers throughout New York State. Prior to IOLA, Mr. O’Malley was the Executive Director of Student Sponsor Partners (SSP), a scholarship-mentoring program serving over 1250 at-risk children in New York City. Before entering the non-profit field, Mr. O’Malley had a fifteen-year legal career, which included six years in the General Counsel’s Office at Salomon Smith Barney, four years as a litigation associate at McAloon & Friedman, and five years as an Assistant District Attorney in Kings County. Mr. O’Malley graduated from Boston College and received his J.D. from Boston College Law School. Mr. O’Malley is a Trustee of the Lincoln Fund, and a Council Member for The Fresh Air Fund. Mr. O’Malley and his wife Wendy Flanagan have two sons who attend Saint David’s School, Finn class of 2015, and Declan class of 2018.
- Mark S. Shelton* (Secretary)
- Mark Shelton is Global General Counsel for the Investment Bank at Barclays PLC. Before joining Barclays in 2015, Mark was a law partner and Co-Chair of the Financial Institutions Group at Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher and he held several senior positions in the Legal Department at UBS AG. After graduating from the University of Virginia School of Law in 1992, Mark clerked at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit and worked in Washington, D.C. at the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission in the Office of General Counsel, at Wilmer, Cutler & Pickering as a law partner, and at Georgetown University Law Center teaching securities law. He has been counsel to a presidential campaign and is active in politics. He is a trustee of the American Red Cross in Greater New York. Mark joined the Board of Trustees of Saint David’s School in 2010 and has two boys, Spencer, class of 2017 and Hewitt, class of 2019, who attend the school.
- Julie B. Sykes
- Julie Sykes helped launch the Horizons Summer Program in 2011 and was Executive Director through April, 2015. From 1991-2010, Julie was Co-Director and then Director of Admissions at Saint David’s School where she was also Chair of the Diversity Committee and Director of Financial Aid Services. Prior to Saint David’s, Julie worked for the Wall Street firm of Weiss, Peck and Greer and for Freedom Institute, a not-for-profit specializing in drug and alcohol prevention. Julie served on the Board of Directors of the ISAAGNY organization as Program Chair from 2006-2009 and is a hospice volunteer. Julie graduated from Manhattanville College in 1970 and joined the Board of Trustees of Saint David’s in 2010. Her three sons, Matthew, Andrew and David, attended Saint David’s, classes of 1989, 1991, and 1995.
- Elizabeth Villar
- Elizabeth was Head Nursery Teacher, Head of Early Childhood and assisted with admissions during her 6 years at Marymount School. Elizabeth served as a mentor with Student Sponsor Partners for four years and is a member of the CARE alumni board of Gettysburg College. Elizabeth is an active member of the Central Park Conservancy Playground Partners having chaired the Family Party and Winter Luncheon and currently serving as the co-chair. Elizabeth is also active at the East Hampton Library by co-chairing the Children’s Fair. In the past, she was a PA Board member and benefit co-chair at Park Avenue Christian Church Day School. Elizabeth currently serves on the Annual Fund committee at Marymount. She was the Treasurer of the Saint David’s PA as well as Benefit Chair for two years. Her son Manuel is in 7th grade and her two daughters Grace and Catherine are in the lower school at Marymount.
- Amy Wolf
- Amy Wolf is a partner at River Hollow Partners, a private equity firm focused on consumer product, retail and manufacturing companies in the lower mid- market. She began her career at Goldman Sachs in investment banking. In 1994, Ms. Wolf launched Altitunes, a chain of stores that sold music, movies and portable electronics in airports. Altitunes grew to nearly 30 stores and was sold in 2005. In addition, Ms. Wolf has been involved in the Duty Free Shops at JFK Airport. She has served for over 20 years as a director of Ramapo for Children, a not-for-profit organization serving special-needs children and, recently, she completed a term as Chairman of the Board. Ms. Wolf received her BA from Brown University. She and her husband Tom have two sons; Jack, Saint David’s class of 2014 and Teddy, class of 2016.
Junior Advisory Board
Click on name to learn more.
- Michael Diaz
- Michael is an investment professional at LionTree, a global investment and merchant bank, specializing in companies in the technology, media, telecommunications and consumer sectors. He graduated from Duke University in 2012 with a BA in Public Policy. Prior to Duke, Michael attended the Riverdale Country Day School.
- James Flexner
- James is a Vice President at Avego Healthcare Capital, a private equity firm focused on the healthcare industry. He graduated from Dartmouth College in 2012 with a BA in Economics and Chemistry. Prior to Dartmouth, James attended the Hotchkiss School.
- Will O’Hearn
- Will is a research analyst in for Third Bridge, where he works exclusively with their management consulting clients. He graduated from Trinity College in 2015 and holds a BA in History. Prior to Trinity, Will attended Poly Prep School.
- Lucas Jenkins, Co-Chair
- Lucas is an analyst in the Public Finance investment banking group at Wells Fargo, specializing in municipal electric utilities. Lucas graduated from Davidson College in 2012 and holds a BA in Art History. Prior to Davidson, Lucas attended the Riverdale Country School and is a 2004 graduate of Saint David’s.
- Benjamin Singleton, Co-Chair
- Benjamin is the Director of Analytics for the New York Police Department. Prior to joining the NYPD, Benjamin worked for Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs and the Manhattan District Attorney's Office. He holds a bachelors degree in Political Science from Yale and a masters degree in Criminal Justice from John Jay College of Criminal Justice. Benjamin and his two younger brothers, Ian and Sean, all graduated from Saint David's School, Class of 2005, 2007, and 2011, respectively.
- Will Smith, Co-Chair
- Will is an architect at Richard Meier & Partners Architects, focusing on residential and cultural projects. He graduated from Cornell University, with a Master of Architecture (2012), Clemson University, Bachelor of Arts (2008), and Deerfield Academy, 2004. Will is a member of Cornell University College of Architecture, Art, and Planning Young Alumni Advisory Council.