Saint David's School is located at Twelve East Eighty-ninth Street, between Madison and FIfth Avenues. Our position in the middle of "Museum Mile" gives students access to half a dozen museums, with art ranging from prehistoric to postmodern. Area field trips are frequent. In addition, the neighborhood is home to many other schools, including several schools for girls, which creates frequent opportunities for co-educational activities. Our buildings were originally three contiguous private homes, designed in 1919 by Delano & Aldrich for the Cutting family. Their unified design has allowed Saint David's to expand gracefully, while keeping much of the character of a private residence.
In 1995, the school acquired a sports facility located on Ninety-fourth Street between Second and Third Avenues, now known as the Ninety-fourth Street Campus.
In 2002, Saint David's completed its largest expansion to date. The new space includes two science labs, a library/media center, additional classrooms and seminar space, a woodworking shop, an expanded dining hall, and a new reception area. In the summers of 2006 and 2007, the school added new music and art suites. In 2008 a new science suite was created.
Plans for the Adaptive Reuse and Expansion of Graham House were initiated in 2013. The project, to provide programmatic space in the contiguous building, will fulfill a four-decade dream of the school, contributing to a more efficient, dynamic, and enjoyable educational environment.