Saint David’s School seeks an Extended Care Teacher/After School Assistant to begin September 11, 2018. Work hours are Monday through Thursday, 2:30 to 5:45, and Fridays, 2:30 to 5:00.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the Extended Care Program for families whose sons need after school care when there is no regularly scheduled program
- Collaborate with the Director of After School to develop a creative program and schedule for the Extended Care Program
- Work with other Saint David’s faculty to supervise the After School Gathering Time
- Complete various other essential tasks such as taking attendance, light set up/clean up, administering snacks provided by the school and picking up/transporting students to After School
- Maintain effective professional communication with students, parents, teachers, and administrators
- Supervise all activities to ensure safety at all times
- Assist teachers in classes (classroom management, maintain neat and organized classroom)
- Motivate the boys and offer gentle reminders of expectations when needed
- Report to the Director or Director’s representative of any problem which may occur with the children, staff or parents
- Ensure dismissal procedures are followed, especially that each child leaves with appropriate adult
Qualifications and Preferences:
- Experience working with young boys, ranging in age from 5-13
- Comfortable working with a diverse mix of boys
- Kind, compassionate, self-directed and punctual
- Personable—be ready to engage the boys and connect with other adults working at the school on a daily basis. Having a great sense of humor will help sustain you.
- Creative—bring new ideas for classes, games to play on rainy days, and excitement for the daily challenges.
- The job requires flexibility, patience, and strong organizational skills. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Please send cover letter and résumé to:
Attention: Irene Byun, Director of After School
Saint David’s School is committed to equal employment opportunities for all individuals. The school will make all employment decisions for employees and applicants without unlawful discrimination as to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy, age, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity and expression, creed, genetic predisposition, victim of domestic violence or any other basis protected by law.